May the 4th be with you!
(Honestly, I have no idea why I said that….I have never seen a Star Wars movie in my life…GASP!!)
I have loved catching up with those of you who can make the online Pilates classes. While it’s not the studio, we do seem to have fun…pets and all…. Check out FIFI joining in, isn’t she cute?! haha
After being closed for one week I decided that I was going to be productive and finalise some loose ends and commit to accomplishing SOMETHING during this time. I had previously signed up for a course which was a certification in Pre & Post Natal fitness – yes, I know, I know…I am always studying hahaha.
So, I thought that this downtime would be a great opportunity to get a good chunk of this 12 month course out of the way. Being an online delivery, and with assessments which included video submissions, I felt that 12 months was going to be a push to get it completed. But with the COVID isolation I actually managed to smash it out in 5 days. FIVE DAYS!!! I completed a very comprehensive course in only 5 days!!! How??? It was simple really, the content was fascinating and thoroughly enjoyable so it was very easy to just put my head down and get it done.
I then had to find something else to fill my days….so I wrote a course! Some of you may know that I have a program of Home Visits for Post Natal ladies. I visit them in their homes to help rehab their bodies after having a baby and get them back on track to where they feel strong enough to rejoin mainstream Pilates classes.
I have always wanted to convert this to an online video delivery over 6 weeks for those who are not within the local area. So I did! It definitely needs refining but it is there and I am excited about launching it later in the year.
My ‘spidey senses’ tell me that we will be back in the studio very soon. (yes, that is a reference to Spiderman – isolation has me going a little mad!)
I don’t assume that it’ll be next week of course, but I feel like we could re-open around the end of the month or early June.
I am sure none of us expect that we can just fling our doors open and have the social freedom we experienced back in February, so there will be some changes implemented to keep us all safe.
I plan on sanitising the studio as soon as I am aware that re-opening is a possibility.
Plus, to help reduce to spread of COVID-19 and to do MY part in keeping you all safe;
- I will, personally, be getting tested for COVID-19 (which I expect to be negative)
- I will continue with the 1.5 metre allowance between each reformer in the studio room which was implemented prior to closing (see photo above)
- Remind all clients to remember social distancing while in the foyer and stairway etc (The studio room is actually permitted 24 people according to the 4 square metres per person rule)
- Sanitiser will still be provided and each person is asked to use it on entering the foyer area. The sink in the kitchen is also stocked with handwash etc if you prefer to wash your hands under running water.
- Request that ALL clients wear the supplied gloves while on the reformer (while it is feasible that I can disinfect the carriage and the footbar between classes, the same cannot be said for the straps, which are material)
- Request that ALL clients wear socks while on the reformer (we do sell toe socks for those who forget)
- Encourage all clients to download and use the COVIDsafe app. Obviously this is not mandatory but as you will be spending approximately one hour in a room with 8 other people it would help greatly trace those who have been in contact should someone diagnose positive.
I also predict that I will be reopening on a reduced timetable but this will be confirmed at a later date.
Online Class Timetable
Click on the button below to sign up for the online sessions.